I’ve mentioned it before but my alter-ego is actually Honey Lime Designs. Or at least, that’s one of them. Since I don’t really have time for both blogs, I’m phasing out that one and have decided to start transferring some of the tutorials over here. 🙂 So up first, here’s a little sweater I’ve been knitting for my Honeybun dolls.
I have seen it fit similar sized dolls as well and for reference, my honeybuns are 8″ tall. This sweater is very small, knits from the top down seamlessly using circular needles and the magic loop method.
Yarn: Any medium weight yarn will do.
Supplies: 4mm circular needles, waste yarn, stitch markers, a small button and thread, a sewing needle and a yarn needle.
kfab-knit into the front and back of the stitch
K2tog: knit two together
Cast on 28 stitches using a long tail cast on.
1) Knit, place markers as follows: k5, sm, k5, sm, k8, sm, k5, sm, k5.
2) K2, yo, K2tog, knit to end.
3) *Knit to one stitch before marker, kfab, sm, kfab*, repeat 3 more times, knit to end.
4) K2, Purl to last 2 stitches, K2
5-12) Repeat rows 3-4
13) K to first marker, slip next 15 stitches onto waste yarn, K to next marker, slip next 15 stitches onto waste yarn, K to end.
14) K2, Purl to last 2 stitches, K2
16-17) Repeat rows 14-15
Rejoin sleeve yarn picking up 3 stitches to close the gap under the arm. Slip on stitch maker to show the beginning of the round. Using magic loop method or dpns, Purl one round and then cast off. Repeat for other sleeve.
And there you have it, your own little honeybun sweater!!